Impact of COVID-19
If you are aware of opportunities (i.e. school age children food drives, financial assistance programs, etc.) to help our local community during this time, please share those opportunities with firstname.lastname@example.org or submit a resource via this form.
- To assist with food for school children, the elderly and low income individuals.
- The Durham Public Schools Foundation is also collecting money for student needs.
- PORCH has compiled a list of food pantries accepting drop-off donations.
- Urban Ministries of Durham has an Amazon Wish List.
- There are on-campus food pantries at Duke, UNC, and NCCU.
- Durham Tech has a Campus Harvest Food Pantry.
Please consider donating to TABLE. They are delivering food to 625+ children every week during the pandemic! Here are TABLE’s most-needed food items and their Amazon Wish List.
Diversity and Inclusion Resources
The JLDOC has always been committed to membership development and community impact, which is why we hope you’ll check back here to find resources and information that will help each of us continue our education on this essential conversation.
- White Fragility: Why It’s So Hard to Talk to White People About Racism
- Another Mother’s Love: Exploitation, Wet-Nursing and Present-Day Black Breastfeeding
- The Parent’s Guide to Teaching Kids about Diversity
- The BMI Is Racist And Useless. Here’s How To Measure Health Instead
- The New York Times: “1619” (Series)
- NPR’s “Code Switch”: A Decade of Watching Black People Die (Episode)